Sunday, May 4, 2014

People of Leeds

here's a new thing that i've been working on for a while now.

i don't get out and about as much as i'd like to really - work keeps me tied to the desk more than it should, but when i am out of the house i try to take the time to draw.
drawing is important, because for me it's a way of looking at stuff, and of seeing things that maybe i would otherwise miss.
it's also a way of trying to imagine and understand things too.


in recent years i've looked to draw some of the people that i've seen in and around the city. 
initially i was drawing them to populate a scene in my Raised in Leeds/Stations of the Resurrection project, and more recently my drawings of folk have found an outlet in a series of two-colour lino-print cards that i'm calling People of Leeds.


I've done these six so far - i've maybe another six ready to worked up into prints when i can get the time - and all of them are available for the bargain price of £3.50 +p&p in my folksy shop...














No comments: